Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pioneers

It is so HOT! Actually our house is a lot hotter than it is outside sometimes. That means lots of water!! We met with a lot of fun people this week, but I want to share one experience that was the highlight of my week. 

We are meeting with two investigators who are doing the Family English Program. They have a lot of English interest, but they are very willing to listen to our gospel message. This week we followed up on our invitation to read the introduction of The Book of Mormon. One of them said she was sorry she only read up to 1 Nephi chapter 13! She said it helps her sleep at night. It was a miracle!!  And even though she was originally English interest, she is progressing in the gospel. It is neat to recognize how much she needs the gospel in her life the more we meet with her. I'm so blessed to have the gospel in my life! 

This morning in honor of Pioneer Day, I read a talk by President Monson about pioneers. He talked about how a pioneer is someone who leads the way for others to follow. He explains that the greatest example of a pioneer was the Savior. I'm grateful for the Savior, and how his atonement brings so much joy to my life. I'm also grateful to have the chance to help people become pioneers for their own family by being baptized and accepting the gospel. 
Have a wonderful week!! 
Love,
Sister Mustain



Its official- 18 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment