Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Prayer...Ponder...Study...And Get to Work

This week was amazing! I learned so much about prayer and the importance of the gospel in our lives. To show what I learned, I'm going to tell a story of the lesson we had this week with our only investigators who will meet with us. 

First a little background. We are currently meeting with a family of three. A husband, wife and son. They are fun to teach, but the wife is meeting mainly for English. We teach them 30 minutes English and 30 minutes Gospel. 

Last week  we were able to set up an appointment for Wednesday. During companion study we were planning their lesson and we decided they needed to recognize the importance of prayer. I gave the idea of using a story from the Book of Mormon. My companion was a little uncertain about teaching it in Korean. I was frustrated, so I went in the changing room and prayed to know what to do. After I prayed, I thought about what had happened and realized I didn't explain myself well enough to my companion. I went back to the study room, and explained what I was feeling to my companion. We were able to work it out and because of that our lesson was much better.

Our lesson was definitely guided by the Spirit and both parents prayed. The husband even prayed his wife would be more interested in the gospel! It was amazing and it didn't have to do with anything my companion and I did. It had to do with the fact we were relying on the Spirit. Through this I learned how important it is to prepare before we jump right into things. If my companion and I didn't think about what we would teach the lesson wouldn't have turned out the way it did.  The process is to pray, study, ponder, and act. 

I'm so grateful this gospel, because I don't know where I would be without it. Definitely not in Korea serving others and sharing what I know to be true. I look forward to this week, because we are going to find someone new to teach. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment