Monday, October 5, 2015

Just Another Busy Week in the Life of a Sister Missionary

This week I got sick at the beginning of the week which was no fun. Luckily I was able to sleep it off. While I did that my companion contacted all our investigators and guess what??  None of them could meet.  We weren't able to meet with any of our investigators this week. It was sad, but we were able to meet with some less active and active members.

On Thursday we visited an elderly sister in our ward who has a caregiver that comes during the day. When we arrived the sister told her caregiver to take one of our Book of Mormons.You won't believe it, she already had one! An elder in our district had met her on the street and given her a Book of Mormon. She read the first few chapters and started telling us about Nephi. How cool is that?!? This member is really funny, when we asked to do a practice lesson, she had us teach her caregiver. It was a neat experience and it just goes to show that God knows exactly where we needed to be. 

I've been reading the war chapters in the Book of Mormon this week. The chapters about the 2,000 Stripling Warriors and Captain Moroni. As I have read about them, I learned because of their faith in God, they were exactly where they needed to be in order to overcome their enemies. Through this and the experiences I had this week, I learned God knows where we need to be in order to overcome our trials and learn from them.  

I know that God loves each of us. Everything we go through makes us stronger. I hope you have a good week! 

Sister Mustain

P.S. I read this article today, it was so cute I just had to share it. 

 

                                                           I Love You

                                           Natalee T. Fristrup, Utah, USA

As my mission’s zone conference was coming to a close,I stood outside wondering, “What am I doing in this foreign country? How am I going to do all that is expected of me?”

I had been in Sicily, Italy, for little over a week, butalready I felt discouraged. My time in the missionary training center had seemed like a wonderful dream, but because of my inadequacies, I now felt as though I were in a nightmare.

“Dearest Father,” I prayed, “I wanted to be a great missionary. Now that I am here, I realize I don’t have the talents, skills, or intelligence to accomplish what I have been sent to do. I thought I knew this language, but everyone speaks so quickly, and any words I try to utter just get tangled up in my tongue. I don’t think my companion likes me. My mission president can barely speak English. I don’t have anyone to talk to. Please help me.”

I knew I had to go back inside, but I lingered on thestreet just a few minutes longer. Suddenly I felt three tugs on the back of my overcoat. I turned around to find a beautiful little girl and slowly knelt down next to her on the cobblestone street. She wrapped her arms around my neck and whispered in my ear, “Ti voglio bene.”

“What did you say?” I replied in English, knowing perfectly well she didn’t understand me.

She stared at my name tag. “Sorella Domenici,” sheread, “ti voglio bene.”

I knew the meaning of the phrase. It was one of the first phrases we had learned as missionaries. It was a phrase that could speak directly to the soul. It means, “I love you.”

Those words were just what I needed to hear at that moment. The Savior had sent a special messenger to deliver them to me. I led the little girl into the building.

“She must be the child of one of the members,” I thought. I wove my way through groups of missionaries, hoping her mother would spot her.

When I found my companion, I asked, “Have you seen this little girl before?”

“What little girl?” she replied, looking confused.

I looked down at my side. The little girl was gone.

I stood in the open doorway of the building and glanced up and down the deserted street. As I pondered, a whisper I not only heard but also felt echoed through my soul: “Sorella Domenici, ti voglio bene.”

I didn’t know who the little girl was, but I knew that the Savior loved me.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment