Saturday, June 27, 2015

Transfers!!

Guess what?!?! I'm done with training, and I'm being transferred to 신풍 Shinpoong. It's so exciting! All last week I was worried about it because I didn't want to move. I wasn't ready to leave, but as the week went on I felt comfort from the events that took place. I told my companion I'm ready to leave. I'm ready to be on my own and step out of my comfort zone.

This week I want to talk about the eternal perspective because I'm experiencing so much change. There is a wonderful talk by Elder Rafael E. Pino in the most recent General Conference titled "The Eternal Perspective of the Gospel." It says, "The eternal perspective of the gospel leads us to understand the place that we occupy in God’s plan, to accept difficulties and progress through them, to make decisions, and to center our lives on our divine potential." This has helped me this week with transfer calls and the end of my training to realize this is only the beginning. This mission will change me if I focus on the my purpose eternally rather than my purpose to get through this day or that lesson. 

I'm so blessed to be a missionary. This week was so hard, but I'm so grateful for it. On Tuesday we walked all day from one appointment to another in the heat of the summer. Even though I was tired and sweaty, it gave me the chance to step out of my comfort zone and talk to people. I had a lot of these experiences throughout the week and each time it made talking to people a little bit easier.

This week we got a new investigator, 한재회. We met with her on Tuesday and got to know her. Then we met with her again on Saturday. It was supposed to be 30 minutes English 30 minutes gospel. She was curious about our religion and asked to just talk about the gospel in English. We ended up teaching her the entire Restoration, and left her with the Book of Mormon to read. We texted her today about it. She has already read a little bit of it and said it is similar to the Bible. She is amazing, and so kind and loving. I believe she is ready to receive the gospel. I'm excited to meet with her one more time before I transfer. This helped me to see God is preparing people to receive the gospel. Even though I'm transferring I'm still happy for the missionaries who get to help this woman draw closer to Christ and our Heavenly Father.

I'm so blessed for this week.  I'm starting to understand why I needed to serve a mission. At the end of the talk I mentioned, he states, "The Lord knows what He wants to accomplish with each one of us. He knows the kind of reform He wants to achieve in our lives, and we do not have the right to counsel Him. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts." 

I know God is working on each of us. Although change is hard, it is how God helps us reach our full potential. 

Mustain 자매

                                                                                                         

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment