Thursday, March 5, 2015

That Mountain Can Be Conquered!


First of all I want to take the time to thank everyone who has supported me on my mission with their letters and their prayers. Thank you!

I feel so much better this week. At the end of last week, I felt so low I could tell I wasn't progressing. I also was stressed about being stressed. I had a prompting to talk with our Sister Training Leader, Sister Weston. Through her, I was able to go talk to someone and get help in managing my stress.  I'm so grateful to her and my companion, Sister Sewell, who is very supportive. I'm also eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father and Savior who care so much about me. I learned I was so stressed about the language that I wasn't letting myself progress. Since figuring out what I was stressed about, I have been able to progress. I can see myself progressing in the language and getting more involved in class. I'm not perfect, but I'm trying my best. I feel satisfied with myself and no longer have any regrets. I know God answers our prayers, because without prayer I would have never made it this far in my mission. 

Our branch president, President Perriton had an interview with Sister Sewell and I on Sunday. He told us three things to remember when learning the language: 1. Over pronunciate  2. Go at your own speed  3. Be positive.  These three tips have meant the world to me in learning the language. I feel more confident in my abilities and I am happy with the struggles. I know challenges will help me grow. Mosiah 24:14 &15 explains how the Lord will help us if we turn to him. It may not be in the way we expect, but he does answer. 

This week I learned a lot about obedience and how before faith we need to be obedient. I was reading the story of the stripling warriors (Alma 56-58), it made me realize how many blessings come from obedience. Before this week, I wasn't doing SYL (speak your language) and I wasn't speaking up when I should. From changing those behaviors and becoming obedient to the things the Lord wanted me to do, I have been blessed with a satisfaction in myself. This gospel makes me happy beyond belief. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Heavenly Father. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. No matter what happens in my life, I know as long as I follow the example of my Savior Jesus Christ, everything will be alright.
 
Sister Mustain
My Companion Sister Sewell


No comments:

Post a Comment