Thursday, March 12, 2015

Two More Weeks...


This week was amazing! For the Tuesday night devotional Elder Quentin L. Cook came and spoke at the MTC. It was amazing to hear from him. He talked a lot about the importance of our work as missionaries and how important our message is. He said we are the builders of the church not the marketers which was cool to think about. After the devotional we always have a district meeting and the one we had this past Tuesday was amazing! You could feel the spirit in that room, and it made me so grateful to all the amazing missionaries in my district. They all have added so much to my testimony. I'm so grateful I came to the MTC when I did. 
On Monday morning a group of missionaries left for Korea. Here at the MTC, there is a cycle where every three weeks a Korean group of missionaries leave and then new ones come in. To see the group leave this week was bitter sweet. I'm so excited for them to get out in the mission field, but it was hard to say goodbye because we had grown so close. As they prepared to leave, I felt as Ammon and his brethren (from the Book of Mormon) felt as they prepared to serve their missions. Alma 17: 13, "that they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken."  
I leave in just two weeks, and it is crazy to think about how long I have been in the MTC, but I know that I'm supposed to be here and that I need to be here two weeks longer. My testimony in the power of faith, obedience, and prayer has grown so much at the MTC. I know my Heavenly Father wants me on this mission and through him I can do all things (Alma 26:12).  

I wish everyone the best of luck as they go about their week and remember you have a loving Father in Heaven that is always there waiting to answer (John 14:18). 

Sister Mustain

 

 

1 comment: