Thursday, February 26, 2015

This week was definitely a roller coaster!


On Saturday I started having stomach problems again and this time it was bad.  My stomach was growling so frequently and so loudly that it was disruptive to class.  I thought I had just had something bad to eat, but Monday rolled around and it was still happening, and I was eating pretty healthy.  So on Monday I made an appointment to see the doctor on Tuesday morning. I found out that it was caused by stress.  You know how some people get migraines from stress, well I learn my body reacts with loud stomach growling.  When the doctor told me that, it made a lot of sense.  The doctor was able to give me some medicine that is helping a ton. 

On Monday, my companion Sister Sewell asked for a Priesthood blessing.  Right after her blessing, I knew I needed a blessing of healing for my stomach.  After the blessing my stomach didn't instantly feel better, but it became more durable until I was able to go to the doctor. 

On Tuesday I used a study technique my instructor taught me.  First you think of a topic you want to study. Then you randomly open up your Book of Mormon and start ready.  I did that on stress and I was able to find my answer.  And of course you start with a prayer.  We say a lot of prayers here, but it has taught me how important prayer is.  Yesterday was altogether overwhelming.  I felt so discouraged, but the minute I took a moment to say a prayer I felt better. Not completely better, but somewhat better. I'm so grateful for the priesthood, prayer, and scripture study.  It is blessing my life so much on my mission.  I know it can bless you no matter where you are or what you are doing. 

Now for the highlights of the week. My district was able to host this week.  It was so much fun and I was able to help two sisters who will leave before I even leave. On Tuesday night we had an amazing devotional about the impact we hold as missionaries. Following that we had a district meeting in which we were able to share our thoughts on it.  It was an incredible meeting and you could feel the spirit swelling within the room. My district is full of amazing people. There are two districts of missionaries that came in the week I did. I know the way we were divided was inspired of God.  I love being on a mission and even though there are some bumps in the road, I know this is what my Father in Heaven wants me to be doing. 

Just a little side note, we have service twice a week and this week at service the person who was assigning us jobs served in the Rancho Vista Ward in Palmdale, California at the end of his mission. How cool is that?! 

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and to help others come unto Christ.

Sister Mustain

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment