Thursday, March 19, 2015

Remember Christ's Atonement


I can't believe I have made it this far! Tomorrow we should be getting our travel plans and then I think it will hit me how close I really am to being in Korea. I feel sad about leaving, but I feel like I'm ready. I know I have grown so much at the MTC and I needed to be here to prepare to serve God the best I can. 

On Sunday I was called to be the branch music coordinator. I did not see that coming, but I know through prayer and diligence, God will qualify me to fulfill this calling. 

My companion and I had the opportunity to act on a spiritual prompting and talk with a gold tag named Jonathan. Gold tags are real investigators who walk around the MTC.  It was amazing to talk with him and to learn about him. We gave him a spiritual thought, but we mostly talked about what the gospel has done for us and got to know him. This helped affirm my purpose as a missionary. It is to invite others to come unto Christ and through the spirit people's hearts are changed. 

On Monday I received a talk from my family on the power of the atonement in our everyday lives. Therefore Tuesday during personal study, I studied the atonement. It taught me how important the atonement is and caused me to reflect back on my experience of applying the atonement to myself. In my freshmen year of college I took seminary. We studied the first four books of the New Testament. As the semester progressed I drew closer to my Savior, but it wasn't till we studied the story of Christ in Gethsemane that I knew Christ had died for me personally. Christ knows me and he knows each and every one of us on a personal level. Tuesday night Elder Clarke of the Seventy’s came and spoke to us. He told us ten things that everyone of us needed to know. 

1. Love the people

2. Read the Book of Mormon

3. Recognize the Joseph Smith story really happened

4. Be obedient

5. Have faith

6. Remember the Holy Ghost

7. Family: The most important unit in time and all eternity

8. Believe in who you really are!

9. Remember the worth of soul

10. Enjoy the journey

All these things will bring us closer to Christ. I know this is true.  I know Christ's atonement is for us. I challenge you to incorporate it into your life as I strive to incorporate it in mine. I love this gospel and I know it has helped to make me the person I am today. I love you all and wish you the best of luck with the upcoming week!

Sister Mustain

 

No comments:

Post a Comment