Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Can't Believe It's P Day


Wow! I can't believe it has been a week! Yesterday all the new missionaries came and we were so excited to welcome them. It is so amazing here and I feel like crying all the time, the spirit is so overwhelming! 

So I don't have a lot of time so let's get down to business. I'm not going to lie and say I had no problems adjusting because I did. It was so hard the first week. I had stomach issues, I had to teach my first lesson on Friday to an investigator who spoke almost no English, I had to learn how to deal with a companion, and I was shoving Korean down my throat.  Everyone kept telling me to just wait till Sunday, and the minute Sunday hit, I felt so much better! My stomach problems went away and learning Korean hasn't felt as overwhelming. With the stomach problems I went and talked to the dietitian here and found out that the food here is so high in fat that all deep fried food was causing me problems, so know I'm eating much healthier and don't have any problems (don't worry, I'm still eating because I got permission to use the diet room when needs be. It is amazing!). I was so grateful to receive a package from my mom filled with healthy snacks and the sweetest note ever! It helped me to know that God is watching out for me. 

My companion is my exact opposite. She is super friendly and outgoing! She is kind and loving of everyone, and she already knows a ton of Korean! That has really been a struggle for me because we aren't at the same level in the language, but I guess that is just preparing me for the field where that will happen a lot. 

Korean is hard, but it keeps bringing me back to what I learned in Spanish. It is hard here, but I'm learning to speak up and express my feelings. I was having a few problems with my companion, but after a Sunday night Devotional, I learned that first I need to change my perspective before I can complain and it has helped me so much. 

I'm so grateful to be here. I know that this gospel is true and that Christ will always be there for us. A person I love dearly told me to read Mosiah 24:13-15, and right now it means the world to me! When life gets hard don't give up because we can do all hard things through the help of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful to be able to spend the next 18 months of my life dedicated to him. 

Love, 

Sister Mustain 



No comments:

Post a Comment