Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Power of Faith


This week has past faster than I can remember. On Saturday, I wasn't feeling so well. Even though I didn't want to miss class, I slept for a couple of hours and my body was able to heal faster. What a miracle! A huge group of Korean missionaries left this week, and now the MTC feels so empty. The people here are wonderful, and have such amazing testimonies.

On Sunday night, our branch was one of three that they had watch a new video. It was a fireside given by Elder Bednar at the MTC in 2009. It was amazing! Elder Bednar spoke on how we sometimes question whether something is a spiritual prompting or just us. His advice was don't worry about. Act on it. 

Last night, we learned limits and how through God there are no limits. Jacob 4:6 explains this. I learned that as long as we have faith, God will be able to help us do all things. My teacher told us (mostly in Korean) that here at the MTC the only limit we have in learning Korean is ourselves. There is nothing stopping us here. This made me realize that I'm stopping myself from learning Korean. I haven't been learning it as fast and as well as I should here. This made me realize the only thing stopping me is me. We read this talk called the fourth missionary this week and it explained how the one thing you can give to God that he doesn't already have is your will, and I have been holding mine back. I haven't been giving my all because I'm afraid of failing. I guess that is what failing is for. It is there to humble and teach us. I was in the temple and I went with this question in mind. Ether 12:27, answered my prayer. This week my goal is to completely devote my heart and will to God. 

I know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us beyond comprehension. I know I can be with him again through the doctrine of Christ (2 Nephi 31). I know this gospel is the gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm grateful for the opportunity to share it.

Sister Mustain
                                                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment