Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Don't Forget the Spirit!

Last week wasn't nearly as busy as the week before, but that doesn't mean I didn't learn anything. We had MLC, district meeting, zone training, exchanges, and a Saturday filled with teaching opportunities. 

MLC is Missionary Leadership Conference. It was really good this week. We learned about recognizing the spirit and using it in our teaching. I learned this week how important it is to seek the spirit in our lives. I can be working my hardest as a missionary, but it will never be enough if I don't seek to have the spirit to guide and direct me. I'm so blessed this week because I was able to learn to recognize how important it is to have the spirit in my life. 

On Thursday I went on exchanges with Sister Shumway. She is from Arizona, and has been in Korea a month. This was my first time being in my area without Sister Holmes. I learned  I know a lot more than I think I do. Also with the Lord's help I can do it. On the Friday morning of our exchange, we went to find a less active family. We got to the general area, but we couldn't find it. After searching for a while Sister Shumway suggested we say a pray. So we did and we realized we needed to keep going. This time as we searched we listened to the spirit. Guess What?!? We found the house. It was such a blessing. 

Through that exchange I was able to learn the importance of prayer, relying on the spirit, and diligence. We had to keep going in order to find the house. It was through the spirit we were able to find the house. I know God watches out for each of us and he answers our prayers.

I'm so grateful for this past week. It made me a little better than I was before. I'm so grateful for my Savior and the opportunity I have to be a missionary! 

Have a wonderful week!

Sister Mustain

No comments:

Post a Comment