Monday, August 10, 2015

Change: It's Ok And Sometimes Even Necessary


This week I worked really hard on talking to people. I wanted to start off the transfer as a different person than I was last transfer. 

I decided every time I traveled I had to talk to someone. Yes sometimes I got rejected, but other times we had a really good conversations and I was able to practice my Korean. I also tried to get more involved by speaking up during district meeting and in companion study. Doing this has helped me to have more confidence in myself which is something very important in being a missionary.

I'm trying to read the entire Book of Mormon this transfer (a transfer is 6 weeks.) This morning I read the story of the Tree of Life in 1 Nephi. In the story Lehi has a vision of a tree with fruit that is delicious. He sees some people trying to make their way towards the tree and others walking away from it. I've heard this story a lot, but this time reading it was different.  

I was reading 1 Nephi 8:12, and related the fruit to the gospel. It reads:

“And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.”

By changing the fruit to the gospel of Jesus Christ, it made me realize how the gospel is something we should desire to share. It made me want to refocus on why I became a missionary, and what my purpose is.

 I know we can all share this gospel with the people we meet. Whether we are a missionary or not. Actually it is harder to share the gospel being a missionary because we have a very small circle of friends. I'm so bless to be a missionary because it pushes me to be better.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Sister Mustain

No comments:

Post a Comment