Sunday, July 12, 2015

Service, Miracles, and Divine Potential

Well...I successfully made it through my official week in Shinpoong. This week was interesting and we had quite a few miracles. 

In my new district every Wednesday we have district day. For district day we have lunch, district meeting, and service together. For our service activity we picked up trash along streets and sidewalks. At first I thought this wasn’t service. Service should be something organized like cleaning the church or helping at an elderly in their home. Well God proved me wrong! We received two new investigators from picking up trash along the side of the road.

The first one was a grandmother who started talking to us and asked for us to come and visit her. We visited her on Friday and she didn't really have any expectations as to why we were there. We explained to her our purpose as missionaries and taught her about the Book of Mormon.  She agreed to have us come again and teach her about the gospel. This taught me all service is valuable in God's eyes.

The other investigator is a 25 year old Chinese girl.  She came up to us and said, "I want to go to that Church," pointing at Sister Holmes name tag.  She came to church, but she wasn't interested. All she really wanted was to make friends. However, she is willing to meet with us anytime and she has potential so we'll keep meeting with her. Being a missionary, I've learned that as we show our love to people they are able to draw one step closer to their Heavenly Father. Even if they don't recognize it. Even though she only wants to meet us to have friends, I know the gospel of Jesus Christ can help her with that. The gospel of Jesus Christ can help us overcome all our challenges. 

1 Corinthians 10:13 
"God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

I'm so grateful to be a missionary. It can be hard and stressful at times, but the peace and guidance I receive from my Heavenly Father makes all the hard moments worth it. I know God loves me and wants me to become like him. I know he loves each and every one of us. I'm so blessed to be a missionary and dedicate my life to him. He is our Father and we are his children. 

Have a wonderful week!

Mustain 자매

 

No comments:

Post a Comment