Sunday, July 12, 2015

Members and Missionary Work

Big news this week. If you didn't think my missionary life was crazy enough, it's about to get even crazier with a threesome!

One of the missionaries in my zone got really sick, and is going home.  So until the end of the transfer we get a third companion! Her name is Sister Schur. I met her before at the MTC.  I don't know what will happen, but this will be interesting. 

On Friday we met with the grandmother 윤영옥 we found while doing service the other week. I didn't understand a lot that happened in that lesson, but I could feel how much she needed the gospel in her life. It also helped me to realize how blessed I am to have it in my life. 

This week we had zone training. It was really good and we learned about the importance of members in missionary work.  I didn't realize how important members are to missionary work until becoming a missionary. 

Members are needed to fellowship, find, and teach investigators. I was reading about my purpose as a missionary and part of that purpose is to strength the church where ever I'm serving. That doesn't mean just bringing new people into the church, it means strengthening members as well. This week during weekly planning we focused on how we could get more member lessons. I realized all are investigators could benefit greatly from meeting a member. 

I was reading a talk from General Conference entitled “Yes, We Can and We Will”by Elder Soares. It explains how we need to hold firm to our testimonies when we face opposition and discouragement. It says;

"We must hold ever more tightly to our testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Then will our ability to defend truth and justice greatly increase. We will win the daily battles against evil, and, rather than fall on the battlefields of life, we will rally others to the Master’s standards."

I know whether we are members or missionaries we can all share the gospel. We all play a role in helping others to come unto Christ. I know members can do so much more than I can do as a missionary. I know as I fulfill my purpose as a missionary I will be able to help others come unto Christ. 

Mustain 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment