Friday, May 8, 2015

Diligence and Fasting

This week was crazy! We had service on Tuesday, temple on Thursday, and a 12 Week Follow Up on Friday with weekly planning on Saturday. It is hard to believe it is already P day again!

The Seoul Temple is amazing! It is in the middle of a large city, but when you are there it doesn't even feel like you are in the city. The inside is very small, but beautiful all the same. I'm so blessed with the opportunity to go once a transfer in my mission.

On Friday we had 12 Week Follow Up, which is training for new missionaries. I was able to see all the sisters from the MTC. It was great to see them and learn from them and their trainers.

On Saturday for weekly planning we when to a cafe and I tried a Bingsu. It has beans, ice, cream, and cookies. It was so good! 

This week I learned the importance of diligence and fasting. One day during companion study, Sister Kelly and I decided to study a Christ like attribute. We chose diligence. It was an amazing study. We were able to build off of each other’s comments and learn what diligence truly is. I learned diligence is continually working on “over working yourself” and taking a step back to turn to the Lord for help. According to D&C 123:13, it is "wasting" and "wearing" out our lives. It means to give your all to God. In D&C 10:4 it says "Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you."  The key word is provided. God will provided us with the ability to do all he asks of us. Diligence is working continually until we "waste and wear out our lives."  I know God works through us and as we are diligent, he will bless our lives so we can become more effective instruments in his hands. 

Diligence is also important in gaining a testimony. Before my mission I never really had a testimony of fasting. I would do it, but I never really understood the purpose of it until my mission. This week we fasted for our investigator Crystal. Then we fasted on fast Sunday. I'm not going to lie fasting was hard. I felt so weak and hungry. We do a lot of walking, but I knew I needed to push past that in order to really see the effects. I needed to be diligent.  As a result, Crystal said she could meet with us this week. I don't have a strong testimony of fasting yet, but it is growing. I know fasting like pray blesses our lives. President Uchtdorf said, 

"Let us acknowledge that most often gaining a testimony is not a task of a minute, an hour, or a day. It is not once and done. The process of gathering spiritual light is the quest of a lifetime.
Your testimony of the living Son of God and His restored Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints may not come as quickly as you desire, but I promise you this: If you do your part it will come. And it will be glorious."

I know as we are diligent God will bless us in ways we can't imagine. I know this gospel is true.  I know God loves each and every one of us. I'm so grateful for this past week and look forward to the week to come.
 
Have an amazing week!

Sister Mustain 
Eating Bingsu

Seoul Temple



 



No comments:

Post a Comment