Friday, February 26, 2016

Missionary Work Is...

Last week the missionary email system wasn't working so here is my email from last week...

Missionary work is hard. It is tiring. It is full of miracles and blessings. It is filled with little moments that make all the difficulties worth it. Little moments like when your investigator thanks you for teaching them. Or when your companion tells you that you did good. Or when the weather is warm and peaceful right before it rains. These are just a few of the little moments that helped me this week. 

I was reading a talk by Elder Wirthlin called Sunday Will Come. Elder Wirthlin uses the story of Christ's death and resurrection. He explains how Christ was crucified on Friday, and how it was a day of great sorrow for him and his followers. But then he explains that on Sunday, Christ was resurrected which gave his followers reason to rejoice. He then relates this to our own lives. He says,

"Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.

But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come."

This week was hard. I felt stressed and overwhelmed. We received a lot of training this week and my companion and I have been having a hard time working with each other. However through prayer, hard work, and asking for help, Sunday is coming. Today, I feel happy!!

As a missionary, I've learned that in order to enjoy the happy moments, you have to push through the sad moments. You can’t just ignore them. I'm so grateful to be a missionary! A mission is the best way to learn to rely on the Lord! By serving others, I'm not only helping others, but I'm learning how to help myself in order to help others. I know this gospel is true. Despite all the hard things we can experience in life, there is so much to be grateful for!! 

Have a wonderful week, and don't forget to put your trust in God! 

Love, 
Sister Mustain

 

No comments:

Post a Comment