Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Everyone Struggles!

Well... I still have a lot to learn. Having a Korean companion is hard, but she’s taught me that just because she is serving in her own country doesn't mean missionary work is any easier.  

Missionary work is hard, but it is the hard things in life that are the most rewarding. I think if missionary work was easy, the happiest moments wouldn't be nearly as happy. This week we visited every single member and gave them egg tarts and a message in honor of the Solar New Year (a major holiday in Korea). It was a lot of work, but it helped the members feel loved. My companion teaches me every day how to love the people a little more!

Since being companions with Sister Kim, every night during planning we write the miracles of the day.  Doing this has helped me to recognize God's hand in my life. He is always there for us, but sometimes we don't recognize what he has done. One miracle I had this past week was the gift of interpretation of tongues. Lately I've been feeling overwhelmed by Korean. I'm in Korea so it is everywhere and my companion is Korean. So a lot of Korean! God has helped me to have the patience to listen. I don't understand everything, but little by little understanding is coming. 

I know God loves each one of us. Through the simple things he blesses our lives in big ways. This principle is explained in 2 Nephi 28:30 

For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, we have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.

I know as we pay attention to the little things, we can begin to more fully appreciate the joy that comes from the big things. I know God love each and every one of us. I know through the gospel we can be happy even when it seems that we shouldn't. 

Love,
Sister Mustain

No comments:

Post a Comment