Monday, January 18, 2016

Transfers!!!

Well... this week we got transfer calls and my next companion is Sister 김신영. It has been so much fun serving with Sister Holbrook. She is the best!! But I can't wait for what the next transfer will bring. 

This week we meet with our five investigators. It was neat to see the spirit touch their hearts as we taught. While teaching them I was able to recognize how the Spirit teaches through us when we are worthy of it. I learned a very important lesson. It is not me that teaches, it is the spirit! 

For Christmas our Mission President gave us a quote about prayer. It talked about how every morning a missionary should pray that the spirit can work through them to teach people and find people to teach. I started to do that this week. I was able to see all the miracles in my life and teaching became easier. It was no longer what can I do more, but rather what can I do so the Spirit can do more. The spirit is how God speaks to us. It is how we can do all things through him. 

I'd like to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon. It is Alma 26:12. Ammon, a missionary, had just finished his mission and he is talking about all the success they had. His fellow missionary tells him he is boasting, and this is his response. 

 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

I learned through God we can do all things. Once we admit that, amazing things begin to happen in our lives. I know God loves me and He loves each and every one of us. I'm so grateful to be a missionary!

Love,
Sister Mustain

No comments:

Post a Comment