Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Atonement Works!

This week was really hard. I switched companions halfway through the week (Transfers). We had appointments canceled. I've been speaking a lot more Korean now that I have a Korean companion. Despite it all, it was a great week! 

My new companion, Sister Kim is amazing!  We have had so much fun together and in just 5 days I have learned a lot from her. She is always wanting to help and is teaching me to work as a team. She is also teaching me a lot of Korean. 

We have very few investigators right now, but things are starting to pick up with the ward. We are working on gaining the trust of the members, because we can't do missionary work without members. It's not possible. Serving a mission makes me want to be a better member missionary. 

I was reading about the atonement the other day, and I read this by Elder Dallin H. Oaks in the most recent session of General Conference. 

Our Savior experienced and suffered the fullness of all mortal challenges “according to the flesh” so He could know “according to the flesh” how to“succor [which means to give relief or aid to] his people according to their infirmities.” He therefore knows our struggles, our heartaches, our temptations, and our suffering, for He willingly experienced them all as an essential part of His Atonement. And because of this, His Atonement empowers Him to succor us—to give us the strength to bear it all.

I’ve learned that he knows everything we go through. Even sufferings that come from being human. I know God loves me. Even though this week has been hard, I've never felt closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior.  

I hope you have a wonderful week

Love,
Sister Mustain

New Companion, Sister Kim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment