Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Faith to Act

This week we didn't have a lot of lessons so we had lots of time to proselyte. We did things like knocking on doors, talking to people at the bus stop, and making phone calls. At first I felt frustrated because nothing was coming from it, but I learned an important lesson: sometimes we just need to be patient.  

We talked to a lot of nice people, but it was through continually doing it that we saw results. One big miracle was on Sunday. A member in our ward brought her nieces to church and asked us to treat them as investigators. She asked us to ask them if they wanted to learn about the gospel. We ended up teaching them the first lesson. It was neat and they were fun to teach. We also made an appointment to teach them next Sunday! It was an incredible experience.  I learned the Lord really does bless us when we act. If we hadn't been seeking for an investigator then God wouldn't have given us one. 

Other things happened as a result of our effort, but I learned miracles don't happen right away. 

 "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith." -Ether 12:12

We first need to act! I'm so grateful for this experience. I know my Heavenly Father lives and loves me personally. I know the gospel is true. Have a wonderful week!!!

Love,

Sister Mustain
                                          
                                           

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment