Friday, November 13, 2015

Don't Forget the Little Things

Well...It's already Monday again and I don't know what to write about. 

In my new area we have more extra time due to less travel and fewer lessons. So I've been working on improving my proselyting skills. It is hard to walk up to people and talk to them about the gospel and don't get me started on doing it in Korean, but the more I do it the easier it gets! 

This week I learned the importance of the little things. On Wednesday we met with an investigator who we were planning on giving a baptismal date. When the time came to ask she said no. So we asked her why, and she said it was because she was afraid to go to church. So we were able to invite her to church. By asking a simple question, we were able to figure out her problem. 

On Thursday we had zone training. At zone training, we did a role play in which we had no time to prepare. It was hard and awkward. Through that we learned we need to do the little things, like role playing a lesson or practicing Korean, in order to accomplish the big things, like teaching a lesson. 

"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

"And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls."

-Alma 37:6-7

It is the little things we do in life that can make all the difference. I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father and the strength he gives me to do the things he asks of me. 

Have a wonderful week! 

Love,
Sister Mustain

P.S. My new area is so pretty!

Sanbon

No comments:

Post a Comment